Page 3 of 3
- One entrance/exit on the same side street;
- Conventional parking on Ground for 21-22 vehicles - possibly for Retail (if required, additional Retail parking in the automated section - randomly allocated by the system);
- 10 entrances/exits on Ground to the automated parking below;
- ±437 vehicles in the automated section below Ground - dependent on column placement;
- Each additional layer below the existing system adds a further ±150 vehicles.
- Motorcycle/bicycle parking on Ground;
- Excavation: ±9.5m below Ground throughout;
- Cars are rotated to face forward before retrieval;
- The option of a mobile phone app to interface with the system, allowing users to queue their cars remotely, thereby further speeding up retrieval once on site;
- Excavation: 9.40m.
Total parking: ±458 vehicles.
Unfortunately the excavation savings did not justify the implementation of automated car parking.
Project Value: ±R50 - R70 million.