Victoria Road, Clifton, Cape Town
We were approached by the Consulting Engineers to propose an automated parking solution for their client, and briefed as follows
To propose an automated car parking solution for a site where the developer plans to retain and modify the existing house, add existing apartments and provide automated parking for 70-90 high-end luxury cars and classics within the building, to be used primarily by tenants during the holiday period.
We considered the following in our proposal:
- Victoria Road becomes extremely busy during the holiday season;
- Entering and exiting the parking should be possible without adding to traffic congestion;
- Cars entering the parking should not be obstructed by cars leaving the parking;
- Full redundancy in case one of the systems fails;
- Fast parking/retrieval times.
We proposed the following:
Utilizing our modular car parking technology we were able to provide parking for 80 vehicles, including SUVs.